- 24-hour airport with minimal noise pollution
- Safe airport with neither obstacles nor limitations on mid and long-distance flights
- Minimize environmental damage
- Outstanding accessibility and expandability in line with future needs
- Capable of resolving the following problems of Gimhae New Airport (plan):
- ① Short runways and load limitations due to mountainous terrain with difficulty facilitating long distance flights
- ② Not allowed 24-hour operations due to curfew time (11pm – 6 am)
- ③ Unable to handle 38 million passengers annually due to the operational nature of the V-shaped runway.
- ④ Difficulty securing landing precision safety and missed approaches with surface obstacles having been maintained
- ⑤ Once full capacity is reached (runways, taxiways, etc.) in the future, additional expansion is impossible.
- ⑥ Noise-stricken areas in Busan and Gimhae will expand with direct impact on the habitats of migratory birds.
- ⑦ Conflicts with development plans for surrounding areas, such as Eco Delta City and R&D Special Zone
- Size: Runway (3.5km), passenger and freight terminals, moorings, etc. (project cost: 7.54 trillion KRW)
- Capacity: 35 million passengers and 990,000 tons of freight annually
- Development Direction
- 24-hour operational gateway airport with limited noise pollution
- Safe international airport free of obstacles that can operate mid and long-distance flights
- Logistics airport with outstanding accessibility and expandability for future needs
* Increased accessibility within 60 minutes from anywhere in Bu-Ul-Gyeong areas by expanding transportation access
Gadeokdo New Airport Website (Korean)