- 24-hour airport with minimal noise pollution
- Safe airport with neither obstacles nor limitations on mid and long-distance flights
- Minimize environmental damage
- Outstanding accessibility and expandability in line with future needs
- Capable of resolving the following problems of Gimhae New Airport (plan):
- ① Short runways and load limitations due to mountainous terrain with difficulty facilitating long distance flights
- ② Not allowed 24-hour operations due to curfew time (11pm – 6 am)
- ③ Unable to handle 38 million passengers annually due to the operational nature of the V-shaped runway.
- ④ Difficulty securing landing precision safety and missed approaches with surface obstacles having been maintained
- ⑤ Once full capacity is reached (runways, taxiways, etc.) in the future, additional expansion is impossible.
- ⑥ Noise-stricken areas in Busan and Gimhae will expand with direct impact on the habitats of migratory birds.
- ⑦ Conflicts with development plans for surrounding areas, such as Eco Delta City and R&D Special Zone
Gadeokdo New Airport Website (Korean)