Skip Navigation


New E-9 and H-2 visa extensions


The Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Korea and the Ministry of Employment and Labor are extending applicable visas. E-9 and H-2 visa holders, with visas expiring this year, are encouraged to talk with their employers.

 E-9 (non-professional employment), H-2 (working visit) visas and foreign workers who have already received a 50-day extension of employment last year are also eligible for a one-year extension. 

 The government will extend the visas of eligible foreign workers without requiring individual ext-ensions. However, the employer must report an extension of the labor contract period and employment period with the labor department.

 Extension details and inquiries can be found by checking the immigration website (